We believe the work of bridging the faith divides of our community is essential to support human dignity and bring about genuine empowerment, security, and self-determination for every member of our community, irrespective of their spiritual belief or affiliation.
One of the ways we do that is through Interfaith Dialogue. All faiths possess an inherent beauty and offer their followers a way to live a more peaceful, kind and humane life. Islam is no exception. Our Interfaith work seeks to help the North Texas community understand the beauty, compassion and justice that lies at the heart of the faith.
We want to create a community of peace and understanding in North Texas and would be happy to join with you to educate your place of worship, your school or your business on Islam. Help be a #PeaceChampion and Request a Speaker.
A better, just, and equal world is possible.
What Does Our Outreach Look Like?
- Regularly speak to diverse congregations about the tenets of Islam and its common values with other Christianity, Judaism, etc.
- Spearheaded the establishment of the Contemporary Arab and Muslim Cultural Studies Institute (CAMSCI) at the University of North Texas
- Yearly participation in the Annual Collin County Faith Symposium on Domestic Violence
- Serve as a liaison from the Muslim community for the Faith Inclusion Network of Dallas addressing strategies to embrace individuals with disabilities and their families, led by Jewish Family Services
- Participate in the World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth’s International Visitor Program to help build public diplomacy and international connections for the region
- DFW Interfaith Dialogue for the Abrahamic Monotheistic religions.
"TMWF has done an excellent job with partnering with interfaith partnerships and diverse partnerships in terms of culture and reaching out to communities that don't look like yours and working with them on different projects."
-- Dr. Halima Leak Francis
Program Director & Professor of Practice, Public Administration at Tulane University, School of Professional Advancement
Texas Muslim Women's Foundation Monthly Luncheon