If you have a passion to empower, promote and support all women, we would love to have you on our team. Browse our current openings and apply to the positions best matching your experience and skill set.
Position: Communications Coordinator
FSLA Status: Exempt - Full Time
Location: Texas Muslim Women’s Foundation Main Office / Remote (due to Covid19)
Reports to: Executive Director
Communications Coordinator Job Summary
The Communications Coordinator will work within the development team and is responsible for crafting the overarching message and stories of the organization. The Communications Coordinator will oversee the department’s special projects and day-today activities. The Communications Coordinator will work collaboratively with staff, volunteers and oversee the interns. The position will report to the Development and Communications Strategist.
- Collect and create stories that reflect projects, grant requests, programs and events in written, social post and video forms
- Social Media Management of all digital platforms; LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Monitor, maintain and update all content information on the organization website
- Develop and design all collateral materials for marketing purposes
- Create and publish email blasts, newsletters, annual report, grant announcements and direct mail pieces
- Coordinate the TMWF radio segment, monitor calendar, scheduling guests, create scripting, and create social media posts and promotions
- Event coordination and collateral for special events: Luncheons, Webinars
- Serve as the liaison to the collaborating departments for all external communications branding including the TMWF Youth Group
- Research local and national content to be used in overall branding and data
- Ensure all messaging and branding is aligned for all departments within TMWF
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or relevant field
- Excellent writing and proficient public speaking skills
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Prior experience with marketing communications, especially social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) and digital marketing
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as Hootsuite, MailChimp, Bloomerang, or similar programs
- PowerPoint, Canva, Adobe Spark, iMovie, Illustrator, basic social graphic design is a plus
Other Requirements/Working Conditions
Tolerate prolonged sitting or standing. Requires bending, stooping, lifting, and carrying objects up to 25pounds, with or without accommodations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and minimum level of work being performed. The employee will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required by the job objectives, and mission and philosophy of Texas Muslim Women’s Foundation, Inc."
Type of Employment: Full Time, Exempt
Hours: 40 hours/week
Grant Writer Job Description
We are looking to hire a dedicate Grant Writer to write grant proposal for our organization. The Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You can apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods and be committed to the mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
Grant Writer Responsibilities
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of development department‘s strategy.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
- Grant reporting, writing and submitting grant reports.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Executive Director and Chief Philanthropy Office to send funder
- Newsletters, and to promote on-site tours.
- Collaborating with CEO,CFO and CPO to compile annual report.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
Grant Writer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field.
- 2+ years grant writing experience.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information and sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.