If you have a passion to empower, promote and support all women, we would love to have you on our team. Browse our current openings and apply to the positions best matching your experience and skill set.
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
Donor Relations Manager Job Summary
The Donor Relation Manager at TMWF will further the mission of TMWF by providing excellent and energetic fundraising support for TMWF’s All programs.
The Donor Relation Manager is responsible for administrative operations of the development department, including donor cultivation and stewardship activities, gift processing, donor acknowledgment, and donor database management.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Assist with preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors, as needed.
- Create donors appeal letters.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
- Reconcile financial records regularly with Finance. Assure all donations are properly processed for tax purposes for patrons (e.g. end of year tax letters are accurate).
- Handle all administrative details associated with Development-related meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
- Manage Development team in ensuring a quality stewardship and cultivation program with proper acknowledgment through appropriate means and correspondences, plaques, receptions, and donor appreciation activities.
- Process and acknowledge gifts in a timely and IRS compliant manner
- Provide regular standing reports and ad hoc reports as needed
- General Database processing and data entry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance and Success Measures
- Success in supporting senior management
- Professionalism and quality of work
- Accuracy of fundraising reports and database records
- Turnaround time for acknowledgment letters and other stewardship activities
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- 5+ years related experience or equivalent preferred
- Nonprofit database experience, Bloomerang preferred
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Occasional night and weekend work
- Rapid work pace, with frequent deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for this position
- Alignment with the mission and values of TMWF
- Computer literacy; database management experience essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and hit deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.