Muslim and other faiths have limited exposure to each other to promote understanding, build on common beliefs and create community-wide change. We reach out within and beyond the Muslim community, participating in interfaith dialogues, providing education on the Islamic faith and creating awareness of common issues like domestic violence and disabilities.
- Regularly speak to diverse congregations about the tenets of Islam and its common values with other Christianity, Judaism, etc.
- Spearheaded the establishment of the Contemporary Arab and Muslim Cultural Studies Institute (CAMSCI) at the University of North Texas
- Yearly participation in the Annual Collin County Faith Symposium on Domestic Violence
- Serve as a liaison from the Muslim community for the Faith Inclusion Network of Dallas addressing strategies to embrace individuals with disabilities and their families, led by Jewish Family Services
- Participate in the World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth’s International Visitor Program to help build public diplomacy and international connections for the region
- DFW Interfaith Dialogue for the Abrahamic Monotheistic religions.
Peacemaker of the Year Award
Dallas Peace Center, 2010
For more information, contact email@example.com.